The control of noise in the workplace is an important part of the OHS framework. Comprehensive legislation now exists which regulates the amount of noise workers can be exposed to over a working day. A Noise Management Plan is required by law and a meaningful plan can lead to a safer and quieter workplace. Edge Group can offer the following in regard to OHS (or WHS) noise management:
- Sound pressure level surveys, equipment measurements and noise maps;
- Occupational noise assessments (personal noise dosimetry);
- Recommendations for the control of noise exposures;
- Recommendations on the requirements for personal hearing protective devices;
- Sound Transmission Class measurement and recommendations;
- Whole body/ hand-arm vibration.
Edge Group is equipped with the state-of-the-art acoustic instrumentation that complies with the relevant Australian Standards. Calibration tests are carried out as recommended by the Standards and are traceable to National Standards.