Environmental Consultant - Contaminated Land Management
Work type: Full Time
Due to sustained growth Edge Group Pty Ltd is looking for a Contaminated Land consultant for our Melbourne office.
This is a full time role that:
- Has a focus on contaminated land assessment and remediation projects.
- Provides an excellent opportunity to apply your project management, people management and technical skills
- Includes projects across a wide range of urban development, construction and rural projects from small to major national clients.
- Will reward your contribution to the continued growth of the business.
We are a growing environmental and occupational health and safety consulting team who provide pragmatic and dynamic solutions and advice for our diverse, strong and loyal client base.
This position enables you to work alongside well-regarded and experienced Senior Professionals, who will train and mentor you in managing and delivering contaminated land, Hazardous materials assessment and remediation projects. You will have the freedom to be involved in all aspects of the projects life cycle, and ultimately gain responsibility to be running your own projects autonomously and provided with opportunities to continue to grow your own skills and capabilities.
At Edge Group we have a unique team culture, our people are outstanding and our workplace energetic. Edge invests in its team and have built an environment where people are empowered to develop their career and enjoy the work.
As part of this position you will be required to:
- Complete Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations, Remedial Action Plans, Landfill Assessments and a range of similar projects.
- Provide proposals, project outcomes, reports and other key deliverables within the agreed time and budget to clients.
- Work in accordance with the company's Quality, Environmental and OHS management systems (they're part of our culture!).
- Carry out a combination of field work (locally and throughout Australia) and report writing.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders including clients, sub-contractors, government authorities, regulators and colleagues.
- Be open to working locally and throughout Australia where needed (i.e. in times of increased workload, for training purposes, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have an environmental science/engineering degree (or equivalent) plus:
- At least 3 - 7 years' experience in contaminated land assessments – ideally in a consulting organisation.
- Well-developed people management attributes.
- Have detailed knowledge of NEPM 2013, other working contaminated land regulations (including new Environment Protection Act 2017 and subordinate Regulations (2021)) and guidance, and relevant Waste Regulations.
- Demonstrable skills in soil and groundwater, soil vapour and landfill gas sampling techniques - importantly, to have the competency to train and mentor (where needed) less experienced colleagues.
- Strong initiative and problem solving ability coupled with well-developed project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Well-developed data management and presentation skills.
- Have a valid Australian driver's license.
In return, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package according to your skills and experience.
This is a significant opportunity to become a part of an expanding business and to further develop your career.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply via SEEK.
Contact us to discuss this position and/or submit your interest.