Graduate OHS/Environmental Consultant
Work type: Full Time
Due to sustained growth, Edge Group Pty Ltd is looking for an OHS/Environmental Consultant for our South Melbourne office.
Due to sustained growth, Edge Group Pty Ltd is looking for an OHS/Environmental Consultant for our South Melbourne office. This is a full time role that:
- Has a focus on projects requiring OHS and Environmental expertise
- Provides an excellent opportunity to apply and develop your people and project management experience, as well as your OHS and environmental technical skills
- Includes private and public sector clients across a wide range of industry sectors
- Will reward your contribution to the continued growth of the business
We are a growing Environmental and OHS Consulting company who provides pragmatic and dynamic solutions and advice for our diverse, strong and loyal client base.
Edge Group is looking for people who are willing to contribute to the development and achievement of its vision. The ideal candidate will be provided with opportunities and continued personal growth.
As part of this position, you will be expected to:
- Work in accordance with the company’s integrated Quality, Environmental and OHS management system (it’s part of our culture!)
- Assist on aspects of project management – work with and understand client needs, prepare fee proposals, deliver on project outcomes, prepare reports and other key deliverables within the agreed time and budget to clients
- Write clear and concise reports and correspondence
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders including clients, sub-contractors, government authorities, regulators and colleagues
- Participate in relevant training
- Be open to working locally and throughout Australia as needed
The ideal candidate will have an Occupational Health and Safety qualification (or equivalent) and:
- Preferably one (1) year Graduate level to five (5) years’ experience in OHS-based project work, ideally in a consulting organisation
- Sound presentation skills
- Strong initiative and problem solving ability
- Knowledgeable of OHS and familiarity with Environmental compliance obligations and management systems
- Analytical - sound data management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sound report writing (including attention to detail), verbal skills and ability to take feedback
- Has a positive approach to change (and flexible in undertaking projects using varied expertise)
- Have a valid Australian driver's licence
- Is an Australian citizen
If you have skills in any of the following fields, please highlight in your application:
- Occupational Hygiene (Asbestos/hazardous materials, Air and Noise)
- OHS Risk Assessments (from contractor pre-screening, to training, to on-site auditing and supervision)
- OHS Management System development including training
- OHS Audits (systems, compliance, contractor/second party, etc)
- Air/odour dispersion modelling experience (including AERMOD)
- Environmental noise emission assessment (including modelling)
- Environmental Management Systems development including training
- Environmental assessments/audits (systems, compliance, waste, contractor/second party, etc)
- Environmental consulting
This is a significant opportunity to become a part of an expanding business and to further develop your career. In return, you will be rewarded with a salary package commensurate with your skills and experience.
Based on the above, if you want to join a dynamic and growing company where your expertise and drive will be valued please apply by sending your cover letter and CV via SEEK.
Contact us to discuss this position and/or submit your interest.